Silver Shuttle Ltd Terms & Conditions
Silver Shuttle Ltd is a limited company registered in England with registration number 07230450 (the "Company").
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before making any booking, as they contain important information about your rights and obligations and you will be bound by them.
1. By making a booking on the Silver Shuttle website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified and posted on our web site from time to time as well as other information contained in the website.
2. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then regrettably you may not place an order via our website.
1. To make a booking you must follow the ordering procedures set out on the order page of the Company's website. Saver and Super Saver orders must be placed by 2pm on the day prior to that of travel. Private orders must be placed by 8pm on the day prior to that of travel.
2. You confirm that all details you provide to the Company when making the booking will be correct, that the credit or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Booking.
3. For all bookings a confirmation email will be sent to you listing your booking details. It is your responsibility to check that you have received the confirmation email and that the details of your booking on the confirmation email are correct prior to travel and inform the Company if there are any errors. The Company cannot be held responsible if the details entered at the time of placing your request are incorrect. You must present a copy of your confirmation email or your flight ticket to the driver at the start of your journey.
4. The Company acts as a booking agent for your booking which will be carried out by an independent licensed operator. (the "Service Partner") under the terms of the Operator's license.
5. The Company is entitled to refuse a booking request from you.
3. Prices and Payment
1. A custom price is provided to you at the time you make your booking based on the information you have provided as part of the booking process and detailed on the booking confirmation email. This price is the total price for your booking including applicable VAT and commission charges payable by the Service Partner to the Company.
2. There is no booking fee applied to bookings made online. Where the booking is booked by telephone a telephone booking fee will be added to the price of the journey
3. Any deviation in the actual booking from the information provided at the time of the booking may result in additional charges. The following deviations may incur additional charges: additional items of baggage over that specified at the time of booking; waiting time if you arrive after the scheduled pick up time; waiting time due to an extended delay between landing and arriving at the airport meeting point. Lateness due to documented flight delays will not incur additional waiting time charge.
4. You must pay by credit or debit card at the time of booking. The cards we accept are set out on the order page of our website.
5. If you incur additional charges due to a deviation from the initial Booking, the Company will request payment from you and reserves the right not to fulfil future Bookings and/or refuse new booking requests until payment is received.
6. Prices quoted are per booking.
7. Your card details are not held by the Company once the booking has been paid for.
8. If it is necessary to order another vehicle if you are not ready to depart at the scheduled pick up time or because you have additional luggage items, the Company will charge double the standard next day rate for your booking.
9. Where waiting time charges and charges for excess luggage are payable, they need to be paid directly to the driver in cash.
1. Bookings cancelled less than 4 hours to the pick up time can not be refunded. Bookings cancelled with more than 4 hours notice after 2pm UK time of the day of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 25%. Booking cancelled prior to 2pm of the day of travel will receive a full refund.
2. The Company will confirm any cancellations by SMS and email. If you receive a cancellation SMS or email and you do not wish to cancel the booking, you must inform the Company by email or telephone.
1. Amendments that do not affect the price of the booking can be made online up to 8pm UK time prior to the first journey of the booking concerned.
2. Requests for amendments after 8pm UK time prior to the journey must be made by email or in an emergency by telephone on 0330 223 0100. The Company will try to assist but cannot guarantee that the requests will be accommodated. Charges may apply.
3. If you wish to make an amendment that may affect the price of the booking, for example the pick up address or number of passengers, you will need to cancel the booking and rebook.
6. Responsibilities of the Company
1. The Company acts as an agent for the Service Partner and is responsible for the booking process, scheduling and payments relating to your booking.
2. The Company is not liable for any loss, injury, illness, death, damage or theft of any luggage or personal belongings you or your party may be carrying suffered during your journey.
3. The Company will use best endeavours to ensure our Service Partners meet appropriate licensing and insurance requirements.
4. The Company does not accept responsibility for any consequential or indirect losses suffered by you.
5. The Company shall have no liability whatsoever for any delay or failure to carry you, where such delay or failure is caused by a circumstance beyond our reasonable control. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to;
§ Unforeseen Traffic Delays
§ Accidents Causing Delays on or in the vicinity of the Service Route
§ Severe Weather Conditions
§ Strike / Industrial Action
§ Terrorist or Threat Of Terrorist Action
§ Road Closures
§ Security Alerts
§ Denied Access to Airports
§ Major Event causing excess traffic congestion / road closures
6. Estimated journey times shown on the Silver Shuttle website are estimates only. Silver Shuttle cannot accept responsibility for their accuracy or otherwise.
7. In the event that the Company is found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, the maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your journey.
8. The Company does not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of its negligence or that of any of its employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
9. In the event that your vehicle is delayed by more than 20 minutes from your preferred pick up time, and you decide to make alternative arrangements to get to the airport you can make a claim for the additional travel cost up to a limit of £25.00. You must call Silver Shuttle customer services at the time of the booking and provide proof of purchase for the cost incurred.
7. Your Responsibilities
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that all booking information entered on the Company web booking system is correct.
2. You are responsible for ensuring you leave sufficient time between the pick up time and flight time. The suggested time generated by the Silver Shuttle system is for guidance only.
3. You are responsible for all of your party being ready to travel at the scheduled pick up time. If you are not present and fail to make contact with the Company within 5 minutes of the scheduled pick up time or if you are not ready to travel within 5 minutes of the scheduled pick up time, the driver will continue with the journey, your booking will be treated as a late cancellation and you will not be entitled to a refund.
4. You must ensure you have your passport and other items required for travelling. If you have forgotten an item and need to go back to collect it Silver Shuttle is not able to wait or deviate from the planned schedule. The driver will drop you off at the nearest safe location. You will have to make your own alternative transfer arrangements and will not receive a refund from Silver Shuttle.
5. The mobile phone corresponding to the number you provided as part of the booking should be carried with you and kept on with sufficient charge at the time of the pick ups to ensure the Company is able to make contact with you.
6. You should make contact with the Company as soon as you are aware of any changes to the flights or other changes to the initial booking information.
7. If your vehicle has not arrived at the expected time, you must call customer services by telephone as soon as possible so that the company can deal with any problems with the pick up. Email should not be used for time critical communications as the Company is unable to provide an immediate response.
8. You should have a copy of your confirmation email or airline ticket together with proof of id with you during your journey.
9. All members of your party must conform to the following behaviour during the transfer:
§ Wear the provided seatbelt at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion;
§ Behave in a reasonable, sensible and lawful manner;
§ Comply with instruction or direction from the driver;
§ Use mobile telephones considerately bearing in mind the comfort of other passengers.
10. All members of your party must not engage in the following behaviour during the transfer:
§ Be abusive or threatening to a driver or any other person;
§ Behave in any manner that endangers or threatens the safety or security of any vehicle, driver, passenger or their property;
§ Behave in any manner, which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to any vehicle, driver, passenger or their property.
§ Play any radio, cassette player, or other device (electronic or otherwise) that is audible to any other passenger.
§ Take onto the vehicle any alcoholic drinks or drugs (other than medication) with the intention of consuming them or to consume them or board a vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
§ Take onto any vehicle any hot food with the intention of consuming them or to consume them.
§ Smoke whilst on board.
§ Board any vehicle whilst seriously ill or suffering from any contagious disease.
11. Passengers who fail to comply with the above rules or who we may reasonably believe will breach or continue to breach the above rules may be denied boarding of the vehicle or be removed from the vehicle. In such cases further carriage will be denied and the Booking cancelled without refund.
12. Whilst the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure compliance by passengers with the above rules, it will not be liable for any act or omission of any other passenger.
8. Prohibited Items
1. Certain items are prohibited including the following:
§ Weapons, Drugs (other than medicines), Solvents, Live or Dead Animals.
§ Hazardous chemicals or substances as defined under the Health and Safety at Work Acts.
2. Should a passenger present himself or herself for travel with any prohibited items, carriage will be denied unless the passenger properly and safely disposes of the prohibited item.
3. Refunds will not be given to passengers who are denied permission to travel because they are in possession of prohibited items and are unable to dispose of them prior to travel.
1. The Company encourages feedback regarding the service provided in order to make service improvements and is committed to investigate any complaints submitted within 28 days of the return booking date.
2. Complaints or compliments should be submitted to the Company either via the website or by email or letter within 28 days of the return booking date. Complaints submitted after this date will not be investigated by the Company.
1. The Company may transfer or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions at any time.
2. The Company may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on our website, following which all use of the website will be governed by the new version. You must check the terms and conditions on the website regularly. The terms governing the purchase of any Service will be the terms in place at the time of your booking.
3. If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be deleted but all other terms will remain valid.
4. These terms and conditions and your use of the service are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and in the event of any dispute under our contract, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
5. Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under this agreement does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.